Skip to main content

States we are in


From the bigger city streets of Iowa City, Dubuque and many others to the country roads lining the heartland of Iowa, everyone who calls the Hawkeye State home has worked hard to save money and buy a house, condo or just an accumulation of property through the years.

While you can protect your most prized possessions as best as you can, unexpected events can take them away in the blink of an eye. Things like house fires, tornadoes, torrential rains, heavy winds and so much more are real threats to destroy what you’ve worked so hard to create for yourself.

That’s why you need to protect it all with Iowa home insurance — and we’re here to help you get that protection. From homeowners insurance in Des Moines, Iowa to renters insurance in Cedar Rapids, Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company is here to make sure you get the protection you need at an affordable cost.

What Is Covered by Your

Iowa Home Insurance


For homeowners and condo owners, Iowa home insurance covers much more than the actual structure you live in. Your Iowa homeowners insurance or condo insurance policy covers things that make your house or condo a home, such as the countertops, flooring, electronics and much more.

Your policy can extend protection from your house or condo to unexpected events that occur on your property and even medical expenses for others after a covered incident. Let’s take a look at what you can expect with an Iowa home insurance policy from UPCIC.

Dwelling (Coverage A):

This insurance coverage helps protect the physical structure of your home, such as the floors, windows, roof, walls and many other things that help create it.

Other Structures (Coverage B):

This insurance can extend coverage to structures on your property that are not attached to your home, such as a shed or fence.

Personal Belongings (Coverage C):

Safeguarding many things inside the four walls of your home, Coverage C helps protect your personal belongings — like electronics, clothing and furniture — from damage, destruction and theft.

Loss of Use (Coverage D):

Also known as additional living expenses coverage, loss of use works to reimburse you for extra expenses you incur when a covered peril forces you to temporarily move from your home while it’s being repaired or rebuilt.

Personal Liability (Coverage E):

Liability insurance is there for you if somebody is injured on your property, then sues you for damages and you’re found liable.

Medical Payments (Coverage F):

This type of insurance coverage helps to pay medical expenses if another person gets injured on your property.

A Local Agent Is Here for All Your Iowa Insurance Needs!

At UPCIC, we pride ourselves on customer service and satisfaction. That’s why we have agents across the state ready to help you get an Iowa insurance policy today! Whether you need help getting a policy, have some questions about the process or amount of coverage you need, or something else along the way, one of our many licensed agents will be happy to help you every step of the way.

The Following Coverages Are Offered in Iowa:

  • Iowa Homeowners Insurance
  • Iowa Renters Insurance
  • Iowa Condo Insurance